The Days Seem Endless.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010
5:13 PM
[ 0 comments ]

Listening to: Finally -- Brave Brothers feat. Kevin & Alexander (U-Kiss)
Mood: Indifferent

I promised myself (and to Tati) to try and not complain so much but a blog is a good place to let everything out.

I've started training as a waitress at a small restaurant known as Cherry Springs that does lunch, and scheduled formal dinners. I started to wait tables yesterday, and to be honest it's a bit harder than what people expect. There's so much to remember; how to write the orders on the ticket especially when with complicated orders, make sure that they have everything they need, get their food out (especially with a big order) without mixing everything up such as the sides but before I bring the food out I have to make sure that everything is right before it leaves the swinging doors, remember to check up on them after about eight minutes, make sure their drinks are always filled, asking again if there's anything they want, if they are done eating to take the plate away, ask if they want desert or want a to-go drink. (・∀・)

I made a lot of mistakes which makes me realize how much I still need to learn and make sure I'm doing things right. Like not leave the menus on the table after the order, and stumble over my words. (>_<;)

Another problem I really have is that I'm to shy and quiet. Michelle, one of the women that were shadowing me, said so herself that I needed to speak up. But she did in a kind way that I feel like I really need to do my best tomorrow when I work again which is my last training day. I'm a bit nervous, I probably won't sleep well tonight.

Since I've started working I've gotten five to six hours when I work, and my days go by so much faster than what they have been during these summer days. Today was my day off and it's been going by so slowly that it's driving me insane. I had woken up around noon too since I stayed up 'till five am with Tatiana. I'm so glad that I have Tati at nights to make them go faster, and it's my only time with her.

But with the day going by so slowly I realize I don't have anything to do. I ended up cleaning the house a bit before I was left with nothing to do again. I just wish I was back at school, I can do something during my days like classes, hanging out with friends, something.

I still have nearly two months left before school starts again, I have my two weeks to get ready to move back and to buy all the things that I need for the dorm. ...Let the days go by faster please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home